Sunday, September 28, 2014

Here's Looking for You

I hate the cruel ease of our airport

romance-free zone ripping us apart

curbside kiss fractured by a barking cop

you spin away, sexy in running shorts

angry for your own reasons,

the goodbye I want crushed deep into my gut unpunctured

as you wrestle into sloppy traffic,

miss me standing around unfriendly baggage

two fingers on my lips, maudlin, not wanting to turn

toward the sterile confined journey away from you

not wanting to remember how it all ends:

only after we admit how much we missed

only after you collect me at this same curb

only after you come toward me through the mist of distance as you do

eyes gently softened

only after that, when I have been back for hours or days

is it safe to be home with you


again

No comments:

Post a Comment